Happy New Year from LAN Party EH!

Read up on LAN Party Eh News, past and present, and post responses!

Happy New Year from LAN Party EH!

Postby gnat on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 am

Welcome back everbody! As you may have noticed, we've taken a break from updates for awhile. January seems to be a slow month for LAN Parties, but now that the new year is underway, we are back in the full swing of things.

For those located in Alberta, be sure to check out the legendary Fragapalooza this month!

LAN REPORT: C-Toan LAN 4 - December 2008

In many respects, I think this was the best C-ToanLAN yet. This is the first party where I can honestly say everything went silky smooth in terms of execution. I personally had more fun than a barrel of excrement tossing monkeys.

For those not in the know, C-ToanLAN is a 100 gamer LAN party located in my home city of Maple Ridge, BC. You can check out the details at the official C-Toan LAN website.

The Starcraft Tournament went exceptionally well, and was probably my favorite bit of C-toan LAN 4. Junny and myself of Team Jizz In My Pants took the victory and proceeded to boogie down with Jizz In My Pants blasting on the loudspeaker system.

Rumor has it that C-ToanLAN 5 will be taking place sometime early this year (Yes, again!). Be prepared for it by keeping an eye out here on LAN Party EH!

Gears of War 2

Anyone who knows me personally would also know that I am a big fan of the Gears series. In my opinion, it is CliffyB's magnum opus. After playing this sequel on the 360, all I can say is "Damn. I cannot wait for the imminent ownage that the PC version will leave in it's wake at future LAN parties."

To those who argue that Gears of War 2 will always be an 360 exclusive.. I say take a look at Microsoft's track record of previous releases. Halo, Halo 2, and yes, even the original Gears of War were all originally "XBox Exclusives". I can say with almost certainty that it will come to PC in time for all of the patient gamers out there.
Never get discouraged, just let your nerdy flourish -YT
gnat
The LAN Party EH Goto Guy

Return to Website News