LAN Party Eh Week One

Read up on LAN Party Eh News, past and present, and post responses!

LAN Party Eh Week One

Postby gnat on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 am

The Good...

Our first non-BC LAN party was added! The honor goes to LANified!, our friends in the glorious neighboring province, Alberta. LAN Party Eh's influence expands once again, in time our influence will be coast-to-coast! YEAH! If you're hosting a LAN, and would like us to promote it, remember to add your party to the list!

Game overviews were added to the LAN games directory. Deathright has contributed entertaining overviews for Starcraft, Quake III and Unreal Tournament 2004. I have personally written one for Cortex Command (Sidenote: Cortex Command's high rating has nothing to do with me, but has been noticed and influenced by the Data Realms community). If you are considering writing an overview of your favorite game, head over to the game overview thread to start!

The forum has begun to sprout limbs. Slowly but surely, the membership has been gaining traction. We are still building a mod team for the coming weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how the forums grow in the next few months. If you would possibly like to contribute to LAN Party Eh as a forum moderator, check out the LAN Party Eh contribute thread.

Yahoo has us listed. And we rank number one for many excellent search terms such as: Canadian LAN parties and LAN parties in Canada.

The Bad...

Google has not yet properly cached or listed us! And still caches our old “Launching Soon” page from last week. Ah well, I'm sure things will turn up soon enough!

To wrap up this post, I want to remind people that you can spread the word about LAN Party Eh wherever and however you please! I've had a few people ask me if it would be okay to post about it on certain forums and websites.. all I've got to say is GO FOR IT!

r4z3r
Never get discouraged, just let your nerdy flourish -YT
gnat
The LAN Party EH Goto Guy

Re: LAN Party Eh Week One

Postby Hasjustbeenpwned on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:22 pm

gnat wrote:in time our influence will be coast-to-coast!

we are coast to coast man with me over here in VA USA 8) . still it's great we're on yahoo. i'm trying to get my friends up on this forum but you never know. i could probably put shit up at my high-school or something.
Hasjustbeenpwned
teh 1337ness

Postby gnat on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Hasjustbeenpwned wrote:we are coast to coast man with me over here in VA USA 8)

Lol, I just realized that, awesome. Hmm.. we'll be even MORE coast-to-coast soon enough. :D

Hasjustbeenpwned wrote:..i could probably put shit up at my high-school or something.

gnat wrote:GO FOR IT!

b4wls
Never get discouraged, just let your nerdy flourish -YT
gnat
The LAN Party EH Goto Guy

Postby Hasjustbeenpwned on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:49 pm

so our goal has gone from being coast to coast to filling coast to coast i guess?
Hasjustbeenpwned
teh 1337ness

Postby Serenity on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 pm

hehe yeah, we have coast to coast but nothing in between. Come on you other provinces!!
Another thing we could do is send an email to each of the "known" LAN party staff/organizers encouraging them to use lanpartyeh.com

hey justbeenpwned, just curious, how'd you find out about lanpartyeh being in the USA and all that.
Serenity
h4xx0r

Postby Hasjustbeenpwned on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 pm

O i was on the Pure Pwnage forum and saw a post about it and i really like helping out independant forums (i've made one with phpbb [old version] and 2 with phpbb2.0 [newer version the one that this is made from] and am a mod on countless forums) also this seems like a great idea once we get an assload of people here.
Hasjustbeenpwned
teh 1337ness

Return to Website News